When it is possible to do so we love to work with a charity partner, helping to raise money for their cause and share their mission. Following-on from a major initiative with UNICEF, collaborations in 2019 include Save the Children, the Coram Foundation and Maggie’s Centres.
Music Productions has just completed the set-up of Eric Whitacre’s Global Foundation (501c3), which will launch in 2020.We also established The King’s Singers Foundation in 2010 and ran the UK-based charity until 2019. The Foundation had four key goals:
- KS Inspire Music education & workshops
- KS Share An online resource for singers worldwide
- KS Nurture Commissioning new works
- KS Invite Making concerts more accessible
Projects funded by the charity:
- A Carol for Christmas Composition Competition
- A programme of commissions from young and emerging composers
- An audiovisual experience created in collaboration with visual artist Felix Faire showcasing a new way to “see” ensemble music.
- Numerous workshops with thousands of singers from around the world.
- Hundreds of free tickets to concerts for those with limited access.
- The Ensemble Hub: an online resource for ensemble singers.